Monday, February 2, 2009

Moses in the wilderness

Well, since I've been back home a lot of people have been asking me the same questions over and over again...
1. So how long are you back for?
2. Do you have a job?
3. Are you going to school anywhere?

At times these questions get a little discouraging because none of the answers are exciting...
1. I don't know. (Not long I hope)
2. Not yet. (It doesn't look promising either)
3. No (But I've been thinking about it quite a bit. The problem is I have no idea what I would really like to study or do with my life at this point)

It also gets really lonely out here in the desert. I don't have many friends, and the ones I do have, I only get to hang out with like once a week...maybe.

But now that all the sad stuff out of the way...
I know that the Lord is doing something right now. He's teaching me a lot about patience, self control, good work ethic, and a bunch of other things that I need to learn to be more like Christ. Right now I feel a bit like I'm in training to be a man, and it's pretty tough, but I know that the Lord is doing something good with me. So the Lord is good and I'm just having to trust Him and wait to see what He's going to do. I'm learning to remember my priority is to glorify the Lord in whatever I do, even if it's cleaning out the backyard.

A few prayer requests for me:
1. I really need something to do (i.e. a job or school)
2. I really need a little more human interaction these days. So if any of you are reading this I'd love to hear from you. I pretty much see my parents and my dogs only...everyday. Occasionally I'll go out once a week, or hang out with someone, but I really need a little bit more. It's getting pretty lonely out here. So that would be something you guys can pray for me for.
3. There a few things that I'm praying about that I don't really want to mention just yet, but they are things I really want to do. So if you vaguely pray for those things that would be a blessing.
4. Lastly, I need money to pay off the school, so if you guys could pray for that too.

Other than all those things, I'm very encouraged with all the things that are going on right now in my life and I'm hoping that they are continuing to gloify the Lord. He is good to me and I can name so many blessings that I'm not worthy of, but very thankful for. God is good!

P.S. If anyone in Germany is reading this, tell everyone there that I miss them a lot!

also, leave a comment so that I know you read this!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tamiko said...

I do read your blog!

Not knowing can be discouraging, but if you look at it in a different way...it's a neat place to be b/c God can do anything in your life. Keep on keeping on! Ganbatte.

And He always provides through different ways.

February 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I will let everyone know. :-)

February 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhhh Doug, reading this made me really sad.
well, sometimes life is not easy and that's what all of us face at some point.
just want you to know that we miss you here ALOT!!! the other day Brandon found a box packed with "McCaleb stuff", we looked at it and it was a really sad moment!
hope you are having good times with our heavenly father and that you really feel how he sustains you and carries you trough. rely on Him!
Katha

February 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home