Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The day after

The next day, I didn't go to church....(shocking, I know, but no one woke me up and I didn't get back till 330 in the morning). Aside from the heatheness act I hung out with my mom until my dad ot home with pizza. Then I called my two of my favorite friends in Cal city to see what they were up to.

Adam and Amy!
We had decided last week to have a game night, which is what we did!

So we kicked it off with a mean game of scrabble!

This is what I started off with....
I ended up with the win! Hooray for board games!
We listened to music like Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, and Nickel Creek...amazing

We also decided to put big red wrappers on our heads to see who could do it the longest...which was me, because I'm sure that they were over it fast


It hurt kinda bad, but I left it on there for like 5-10 minutes
So we left and went to get Monopoly and Life in Amy's sweet Nova without seatbelts, roomy


So we got Monopoly because Life was unavailable.

Let me just sum the game up for me...Things weren't going great for me and I got in a pinch...almost dead...I came back and owned so hard that everything was annihilated. The game might have been over sooner, but as Amy said that no one wants to be a jerk when you have three christians playing Monopoly, so they have grace and allow lots of things to slide. So afterward we got in the sweet Jacuzzi that was perfect temperature. We turned out the lights and I looked at the stars....

I decided that I am too forgetful on the issue of God's size. I looked at the star in the sky, which looked like speckles of white paint on black canvas. I realized that God is large enough to do anything He wants and more than we can expect. I hope I never forget that He's too big to be put in the back seat again. I can't expect to have God watch me do my own things, and try to get Him to switch seats with me whenever I'm starting to lose control. Then doubting Him as I allow Him to steer me to safety and right back where He wants me, on the right track. I know that everyone struggles with this, but I was very encouraged to see that God is HUGE, and He makes beautiful things...so I need Him to make me.

1 Comments:

Blogger MichelleDaniela said...

Big REd burn...good times...

October 4, 2007 at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home