Thursday, January 11, 2007

Whoa....

This morning I woke up and was once again feeling down about being selfish...serving only myself instead of the Lord. I prayed that God would change me...or do something in my life over this break. Another struggle that has come up is money...knowning that God will provide for me and my family is a no brainer...however in the lasty few days my dad bought my christmas present(a cajon), paid my bed deposit, and received news that as part of my tuition payment plan...we have to have 600 dollars due in two weeks that we just don't have. So...this morning, as I'm laying down, I hear my mom find a bill that was due yesterday...dangit. She was fine with it and called it in...but I felt like all this money is due and I wanted the Lord to provide something.

So... as I'm laying, praying that the Lord would change me...while at the same time providing money for my current situation. Suddenly...my phone rings. "hmmmm...who is this?" I asked myself. The screen on the phone read Daryl. "Hello is this Douglas?" He asked. "Yes it is." I replied. "Are you still interested in getting a job down here for the last couple of weeks before school?" This caught me totally off guard because I called at least 3 to four weeks ago, and didn't expect to have him call me back. In that moment I felt like God was sending me a message. "I love you no matter how much you rebel. I you to know that I will always provide for you NO MATTER WHAT." That was a big comfort. Although I know I need to change from being so selfish...especially towards the Lord, yet He still loves me the same when I am.

I'm so blessed to have amazing earthly father, and an even more amazing heavenly Father.

3 Comments:

Blogger MichelleDaniela said...

hey doug, I was super encouraged. It blows my mind how we dont trust Him even though He is so much more able and willing to provide for us than even our own parents...I guess its the whole aspect of walking by faith and not by sight...Continue to fix your eyes upon Him!! God bless you Dugless :) Love, Misheru

January 15, 2007 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Theophilus11 said...

Sweet stuff man. Like Michelle said, it's always encouraging to hear how the Lord is working and growing those around us. I'll be seeing you soon I think. : D take care and keep up the Jesus stuff.

January 22, 2007 at 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Douggie! Yesterday I was sitting around the Koinonia and I looked outside and some John Wayne was riding his bike just across the road... he looked just like you so I thought of you and sighed, and even cried a tear... it's all true! Except for the tear. Miss you buddy!
Trevor

February 19, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home